Buy short term medical insurance online with the links below. Shop online and quote different short term medical insurance plans from two of the leading carriers in the industry. These plans are an excellent lower cost option for a health insurance solution IF they are the right fit for you. Plans available from 1 month to 36 months depending on your state.
Have questions before you buy?
Do you have questions about short term medical insurance that you would like answered before you buy? I am more than happy to help. I can even do the enrollment for you if you prefer.
Why Allstate & United Healthcare?
There are a lot of companies that offer short term medical plans. Some are definitely better than others, however; both Allstate and United Healthcare are the two leaders in the industry. They both have similar plans available with minor differences between them. The Allstate plans use an Aetna PPO or Cigna PPO network and UHC uses their own United Choice EPO or United Choice Plus PPO network depending on the state.
Pro’s of Short Term Medical Insurance
If you are health enough to qualify for an underwritten short term medical insurance policy, these plans can be a great fit for you.
- Lower cost because these plans are designed for healthy people.
- Utilize large nation-wide PPO and EPO networks of doctors and medical facilities
- Available for 1 to 36 months of coverage which is longer than the typical calendar year term for other plans.
- Coverage can start as soon as the next day on most plans.
Con’s of Short Term Medical Insurance
Short Term Medical plans aren’t the right fit for everyone, it’s important to be aware of the negatives so you can make the best decision for yourself.
- These plans exclude coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- There is no maternity or mental health coverage and most plans don’t have any preventative care coverages until you hit the deductible.
- Underwritten – underwriting these plans helps keep the price low, but it also might make you ineligible if you have anything more than minor medical issues on your health history.